High-Performance Graphics 2018 will be held in Vancouver, Canada. HPG 2018 is co-located with SIGGRAPH 2018.
The venue will be in the Segal Building, School of Businees on Simon Fraser University’s Vancouver Campus. The venue is in downtown Vancouver, a short walk from the convention center and Vancouver Harbor.
Simon Fraser University
500 Granville Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 1W6
HPG 2018 Social Event / Banquet at Grouse Mountain
The HPG 2018 Banquet will take place at Peak Chalet at Grouse Mountain, a ski mountain that overlooks Vancouver to the north, with expansive views of the city and bay. Access to the mountain is by aerial tram (Skyride). Buses to the Skyride departure station will be provided by HPG, as well as Skyride tickets for all registered attendees. Banquet tickets may be purchased for spouses / significant others on the registration page prior to the conference.
The following schedule is subject to change due to weather, so please pay attention to any announcements made at the conference.
- Location: Lupins Cafe on the first floor of the Peak Chalet on Grouse Mountain.
- Departure: Board the chartered buses in front of the Segal Building at 5:00 PM. The buses will bring you to the base of the mountain where you will use the provided Skyride ticket to reach the venue.
- IMPORTANT: Be sure to get your Skyride ticket upon arrival at the base. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GO UP THE MOUNTAIN WITHOUT THE TICKET! Keep your ticket for the ride back.
- Before dinner: Depending on your arrival time and the weather, you may walk around and check out the Grizzly bear habitat, the Eye of the Wind turbine, or other exhibits on the mountain.
- Return: Using the Skyride ticket, which you saved from the journey up the mountain, return to the base and board the charter buses. Buses will begin boarding at 9:00 PM, with the last bus leaving the base at 9:45 PM.
- Attire: The weather on the mountain can be variable and of course cooler than in the city. A light jacket is recommended in any case, but please check the weather in the morning and dress appropriately.
Questions? Click here for help in contacting us.